Thursday 19 August 2010

A Break

I'm taking a break for a few weeks. In the meantime, if you've come across this blog for the first time, there are a few recent posts that I'd like to draw your attention to.

Cha siu
As well as recently celebrating its 1st birthday, the blog also celebrated its 100th post with a guest recipe from 3 Hungry Tummies. I've also had the honour of writing a guest post on The Grubworm where you can read about my efforts at making cha siu.

In recent years, Chinese regional cuisine has taken off in London and whilst Sichuan cuisine has broken through, could the food of Hunan province make a similar impact? Check out what I thought of traditional Hunan cuisine at Golden Day and in its Americanised guise in the form of General Tso's chicken.

I love eating on my travels and I really enjoyed the food in Kuala Lumpur and in Singapore, where I enjoyed the cheap eats as much as the restaurants. Closer to home, The Golden Noodle Awards 2009-10 celebrates some of London's finest restaurants and noodles.

See you in September!

11 comments:

  1. Have a lovely break - where are you off to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah lucky boy. Going anywhere fun or just taking a break from the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. GD/WB - I wish I was going on a break but sadly it's only the blog that's on holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I managed to miss the cha siu post, though I could have sworn I was subscribed to the Grubworm's blog... I think I will be making use of that in a year's time, if you can guess what I mean :)

    Have a good break, and I look forward to the comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the break, hope you feel rejuvenated. I still think you should pioneer Noodles Goose in London : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. Without sounding too self-important, I'm looking forward to a break from blogging, as I want to mull a few things over on my approach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kake - you're far too cryptic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently found your blog and am enjoying catching up (so your break is not a problem for me!) Really enjoying the entries. Have a good break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Orchid - welcome, I'm glad you like my blog. Best of luck in your own blogging adventures.

    ReplyDelete