Sunday 9 December 2012

Bergene Melk - Norwegian Chocolate



Having bought my train ticket to Oslo airport, I was left with NOK 30 change to spend. So it was with a degree of serendipity that I saw a sign advertising a two-for-NOK 30 offer on chocolate bars. I was on it in a flash, and before long I was the proud owner of two bars of Bergene Melk. To be honest, I only went for this particular brand because the packaging looked nice. But the gods of fortune were on my side again; it turned out I had bought milk chocolate studded with cashews and pecans with a touch of sea salt. It was bloody delicious. While there are posh chocolatiers that make a superior product, I'm hard pushed to think of a mainstream British chocolate bar that tastes as good as this. So if you do find yourself in Norway, get some Bergene Melk. Given the prices there, it could well be the only thing you can afford to eat.

4 comments:

  1. haha good to know we won't starve in oslo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like fantastic chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shu Han - all part of the service...

    Choco-locate - welcome! Good to see someone from the Chocolate world drop by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic - I'll be on the lookout for this...

    ReplyDelete